- At Wall’s Refrigeration Solutions we have always had sustainability at the heart of our business. It’s important to us to not only deliver a great product but conduct business in a way that is eco-friendly and pioneering in the world of refrigeration.
- Rewind a few decades to the 1930’s when freezers were first introduced. Back then we used greenhouse gases to cool the contents of fridges and freezers. Imagine the impact this had on climate change over the years! In the 1940’s freezers became commonplace across the UK, but greenhouse gases prevailed as the cooling solution all the way through until the 90’s.
- Wall’s together with a range of other FMCG manufacturers and NGOs set up a group called Refrigerants Naturally. This body’s goal was to investigate, experiment and ultimately find ways to make refrigeration as green as possible.
- By the late 90’s we’d discovered hydrocarbons, a greener solution. We fully adopted this in 1999. By 2018 we won the Best in Sector Light Commercial award for our commitment to hydrocarbons.
- Today we are the UK’s number 1 supplier of commercial freezers, constantly striving for more climate conscious solutions, and consistently delivering energy optimisation.
- Our mission to be kinder to our planet doesn’t stop here. We’re working on future fit solutions all the time, experimenting with various sources of green, renewable energy, so watch this space!
Wall’s Refrigeration Solutions launches Green Benefits
At Wall’s Refrigeration Solutions we recognise that the pressures on the world's resources are increasing. By 2050 the worldwide demand for energy will increase by 50% (International Energy Agency). By 2030 the worldwide demand for food will increase by 50% (Food & Agriculture Organisation) and water by 30% (International Food Policy Research Institute).
At Wall’s Refrigeration Solutions we are launching the Green Benefits programme so that our customers can benefit from the best possible equipment whilst minimising their impact on the environment. All our equipment that meets the criteria of the Green Benefits programme carries the Green Benefits logo on any literature where this equipment appears.
The Green Benefits programme focuses on 4 key areas with an overall objective of making the category more attractive for the end retailer. Each key area has a Vision and Target of how it will deliver Green Benefits to our customers:
- Rate of Sale
- Operating Costs
- Ease of Use
- Purchase / Disposal
Listening to our customer feedback is key, and helps us to develop the next generation of equipment. We work closely with our equipment suppliers to continuously improve our products. These products are manufactured to a unique Wall’s Refrigeration Solutions specification to offer the maximum benefit to our customers.
We are proud of our products.
Green Benefits logo
The Green Benefits logo incorporates our 4 key areas of focus. We have outlined below the Vision for each of those areas.
For more information please call Wall’s Refrigeration Solutions on 0845 127 2527